Who can join ELGA Credit Union?
- Individuals who live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school within Genesee, Saginaw, Lapeer, Shiawassee, Oakland, and Livingston Counties are eligible to join.
- Employees or retirees of Consumers Energy Company working or living in the Counties of Genesee, Lapeer, Sanilac, or Shiawassee.
- Employees, members or retirees of groups, as follows:
- Government of the State of Michigan who live or work in the Counties of Arenac, Bay, Genesee, Huron, Midland, Saginaw, Sanilac or Tuscola, Michigan.
- Organizations which contract with agencies of the State of Michigan to provide janitorial services to those offices which are located in the counties listed above.
- Saginaw Valley State University, including students and alumni.
- Employees or members of employer groups or other organized groups which are located within 25 miles of the Credit Union’s main office or a branch office.
- Members of record and members of groups being served as evidenced by the records of the merged credit union as of the date of merger of the following:
- Building Trades AFL-CIO Credit Union, Flint, Michigan effective August 1, 1988.
- North Flint Catholic Credit Union, Flint, Michigan, effective June 1, 1990.
- Members of record of Valley State Credit Union, Saginaw, Michigan as of March 31, 2017.
- Employees of the credit union.
- Any person who receives a retirement annuity, pension, social security, or similar retirement payment from private or government sources, and lives in, or belongs to a retirement organization located in the county, or in a county contiguous to the county where the credit union’s principal place of business is located.
- Members of the immediate families of any current ELGA Members.
- Any legal entity that is comprised for the most part of the same general group as the membership of the credit union as outlined above
- A spouse of a deceased member if accepted into membership prior to remarriage.
- Any person making a $25.00 donation to the Salvation Army Bed and Bread Program.