A Word of Caution...
ELGA will NOT call you by phone or send an e-mail to you to ask that you provide account or social security numbers, personal information, or balances. If you receive e-mails, telephone calls, or other forms of corespondence from anyone seeking information about your ELGA credit union accounts, treat the message with caution and contact us immediately.
Our credit union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting your personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union.
As a member of our credit union, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information.
- Our credit union will collect only the nonpublic personal information that is necessary to conduct your credit union transactions and to provide information to companies that we partner with to offer you competitive financial products and services -- no more.
- We collect your nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
*Information you provide on membership and loan applications and other forms
*Information about your transactions with us and nonaffiliated third parties
*Information from a consumer reporting agency
*Information received through member verification
- Our credit union will protect your privacy by restricting access to your nonpublic personal information to our employees on a "need-to-know" basis only. We will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- Our credit union will not disclose nonpublic personal information about our members or former members, except as permitted by law.
- You will always have access to your information. As a member of our credit union, you as will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- Our credit union will share information only when absolutely necessary. We will share information only to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- Our credit union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members´ economic well-being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
- We do not collect identifying information about visitors to our web site. We collect non-identifying information such as date and time of visit and pages visited. This information is used to compile statistics on usage of the web site.
- We may use personal information sent to us through our e-mail address to follow up on your requests, answer questions and act on suggestions and comments. Please be aware that the credit union cannot guarantee the security of information contained in e-mail messages so you may feel more comfortable communicating with us by telephone or through the mail.
-For your protection, the credit union will NOT accept e-mail or online requests for transactions or changes to your credit union account(s).
ELGA Credit Union is constantly concerned about our members’ critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to "hack" into information. Administrators are contacted when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to "pick" information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- All servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server, considered the strongest and most secure Web server software on the market.
Thank you for visiting our web site.
Please do not hesitate to call us with questions or concerns you may have.
Phone (989) 793-5943
Toll-free (888) 504-7999